08 Jun A #PopUPCraftivist in New York City Saturday 8th June: 2pm-5pm
Check out the Facebook Event for more info 🙂
What’s a ‘Pop Up Craftivist’? Sounds a bit odd…
Pop up shops are soooo last year. This June New York City has its very own pop up craftivist: Me (Sarah Corbett, Founder of Craftivist Collective) will be with my little suitcase of craftivism hanging out in Union Sqaure with a smile (and secretly very nervous!) hoping you & your friends will join me. Look out for me and come join me in some crafty activism or just chat to me about the history and benefits of craftivism. Get a free tutorial to go with your free craftivism footprint resources and join in the free footprint activity below. I’m a nice craftster, I promise! 🙂
What’s with the fabric footprints?
Well… in the busy world we live in it’s easy to forget to make time & space to reflect on social justice, the impact we are having on the world and what we hope to do in the future to help or at least not harm others. We live in a messy world and can easily take a step onto the wrong road and follow the wrong path.
For this activity please thing about the imprint you are leaving on this world. That might be the journey you are on as a global citizen, your carbon footprint, putting yourself in someone else’s shoes and the struggles they may face or how you are going to walk the walk not just talking the talk about social justice.
- “The footprints you leave will influence others. There is no person who at some time, somewhere, somehow, does not lead another” (unknown)
- How we live and walk on this planet affects not just us but future generations…
- Loving my neighbour means caring enough to try and walk in their shoes for a step or two
- Where we journey matters. And how we journey matters too…
- “Some people come into our lives, make footprints on our hearts and we are never the same.” (Joseph F Newton)
- “It’s good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end” (Ernest Hemingway)
- “It’s not so much the journey that’s important; as is the way this we treat those we encounter and those around us, along the way” (Jeremy Aldana)
NinaPosted at 14:24h, 10 May
Ha, I like the pop-up craftivist idea! The suitcase is very cool. Hope plenty of New Yorkers come and join you!
Craftivism Ingredient #2: Activism for Introverts (and a little NYC story) | Craftivist CollectivePosted at 18:33h, 17 June
[…] a guest lecture at the inspiring Parsons New School (gulp!) . I decided I should of course bring my #popupcraftivist craftivism suitcase to NYC with me and pop up for people to join me & bring our approach to […]
Craftivist Collective: Activism for Introverts - Mr X StitchPosted at 00:25h, 08 June
[…] lecture at the inspiring Parsons New School (gulp!) . I decided I should of course bring my #popupcraftivist craftivism suitcase to NYC with me and pop up for people to join me & bring our approach to […]