05 Apr We are making a… new book!:)
Join the crowd (of 251 supporters so far), pre-order our book and help us create a new beautiful and useful book to help people become effective craftivists (please). We have reached over 70% of our target within 32 days so far. With your help we will give to a book called *drumroll pleeeease*…
How To Be A Craftivist: the art of gentle protest
This short video explains why we think this book might be a useful and positive object in our world:
I don’t want to create another book of craftivism projects but a book to get to the heart of what craftivism is about – the purpose, process and pitfalls. It will be a hardback book around 60,000 words or more and small enough to fit into any bag to read on holiday or your commute to work. There will be lovely photos in the middle as well little illustrations all wrapped in a beautifully designed cover you will just want to stroke, display and share (we hope!).
This book will cover:
1. How to use the process of making to engage thoughtfully in the issues you care about.
2. How to see every detail of your creation as important: from the colour you use to the fonts, the size, the messaging….
3. How Craftivism can engage people on and offline around the world.
4. How Craftivism can create conversations and action in places where social justice isn’t often discussed.
5. How I’ve learnt from the challenges I’ve faced.
6. How, with some examples from case studies, you can transfer skills into other parts of your life.
Gentleness, conversation and collaboration can make our world a better canadian online pharmacy without prescription place, and the road there less angry, aggressive and divisive. Helping make this book happen and becoming a Craftivist taking the first steps down this path, one stitch at a time….